[email protected] Worm

ReyesKing 19:36 13 Oct 04

someone please help me i have this worm in my computer but Norton Antivirus cannot deal with it :-(. Thankyou

Trolley 19:57 13 Oct 04
  Trolley 19:59 13 Oct 04
  VoG II 20:01 13 Oct 04
  ReyesKing 20:08 13 Oct 04

hi thanks alot for all of your help the link you gave me first was a hotmail message(trolley's). I don't really know too much about computers is there a simpler way. Vog do you have to do a system restore for yours?Thanks alot

Trolley 20:13 13 Oct 04

Sorry.

I can't seem to get the link to work correctly in here.

If you type in the address that I put in the second post into a web browser, it should show the site.

VoG II 20:14 13 Oct 04

No, you don't do a System Restore but you have to turn System Restore off. This is because there could well be a copy of the virus in a Restore Point, and Norton will not be able to delete it from there because Restore files are protected by Windows.

I suggest that you print off a copy of the removal instructions click here and follow them carefully.

Trolley 20:14 13 Oct 04
  ReyesKing 20:15 13 Oct 04

thanks, do i have to do the system start up in safe mode etc? pr is there a simpler way say something i can download for free to find and eliminate it?

Trolley 20:15 13 Oct 04

Grrrr. Sorry for the random post there. Was trying again. Sorry

VoG II 20:16 13 Oct 04

Oh and turn System Restore back on once you've got rid of the virus.

Trolley - Symantec links rarely post well. Go to click here to turn them into shorter links that will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…