[email protected] Worm

ReyesKing 19:36 13 Oct 04

someone please help me i have this worm in my computer but Norton Antivirus cannot deal with it :-(. Thankyou

Trolley 19:57 13 Oct 04
  Trolley 19:59 13 Oct 04
  VoG II 20:01 13 Oct 04
  ReyesKing 20:08 13 Oct 04

hi thanks alot for all of your help the link you gave me first was a hotmail message(trolley's). I don't really know too much about computers is there a simpler way. Vog do you have to do a system restore for yours?Thanks alot

Trolley 20:13 13 Oct 04

Sorry.

I can't seem to get the link to work correctly in here.

If you type in the address that I put in the second post into a web browser, it should show the site.

VoG II 20:14 13 Oct 04

No, you don't do a System Restore but you have to turn System Restore off. This is because there could well be a copy of the virus in a Restore Point, and Norton will not be able to delete it from there because Restore files are protected by Windows.

I suggest that you print off a copy of the removal instructions click here and follow them carefully.

Trolley 20:14 13 Oct 04
  ReyesKing 20:15 13 Oct 04

thanks, do i have to do the system start up in safe mode etc? pr is there a simpler way say something i can download for free to find and eliminate it?

Trolley 20:15 13 Oct 04

Grrrr. Sorry for the random post there. Was trying again. Sorry

VoG II 20:16 13 Oct 04

Oh and turn System Restore back on once you've got rid of the virus.

Trolley - Symantec links rarely post well. Go to click here to turn them into shorter links that will work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos