W32.HLLW.Gaobot

old-timer 16:37 13 Aug 04

Several times today I have received a Pop Up message from Norton Antivirus say the following file is infected with the W32.HLLW.Gaobot virus. The file in question is C:\Windows\spool\Printers\00514.SPL. As no repair is achievable the option to Delete or Quarantine is given.

I have tried both deleting and quarantining, but the message still returns. Using Windows explorer, I have searched for this file, but cannot find either the file or the folder. Any help would be appreciated

VoG II 16:42 13 Aug 04

See if you have these other files and registry entries click here

old-timer 17:01 13 Aug 04

VOG
I have searched for file names shown to no avail.
I do not have the file SYSLDR32 present neither. Have run a Antivurus scan with no problems found.
Have checked registry but nothing found.While typing this response, another pop up Norton pop-up appeared notifying me of the Virus. Deleted the offending file, although the name changed to 00518.SPL. It seems this file is trying to get onto my system.

canard 17:44 13 Aug 04

Spooler seems a very odd spot for a virus unless your printer software was infected. Have you tried scanning the installation disk with your antivirus?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…