W32/Gibe-F virus

Holographic_man 23:33 23 Sep 03

Help what do I do with this. My virus checker is fire is out and I get a message memory access violationn in module Kernel32 at 1511:64765458 and I have hundreds of e-mails gong out and returning.

LastChip 23:53 23 Sep 03

For a removal tool click here and follow the instructions on this site.

Holographic_man 00:03 24 Sep 03

I have done this but I still get the Error message Kernel32

XFX 00:10 24 Sep 03

I am at risk with IE 6.0? Should I download and install this link?

LastChip 00:15 24 Sep 03

Sorry to question further, but have you downloaded it onto a floppy disk and run it from there.

You do not want to run this tool from a hard drive, as the virus will be active, and cannot be cleaned properly.

It is also essential, you download it on a "clean" machine, that you can guarantee will not contaminate the floppy. Once the floppy is prepared, write protect it before running the tool.

Holographic_man 00:25 24 Sep 03

So what you are saying go and use my office machine and down load Shopos Gibegui to a clean floppy and the run it on this machine? Can I use ther restore in XP? Thanks

LastChip 00:50 24 Sep 03

Whether you can use system restore, depends upon when your machine was infected. It is possible the files with System Restore are themselves corrupted.

However, if you can overcome the initial problem of cleaning your machine, in theory at least, you should be able to use the system restore facility. Incidentally, you would be well advised booting into Safe Mode, and disabling the System Restore facility, BEFORE you try and clean your machine.

Run the tool from a write protected floppy,with XP in Safe Mode.

Holographic_man 16:26 24 Sep 03

I have run system restore and all is well, firewall and anti-virus is ok. Run sophos and it seems to be clear. Thankss

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…