w32 spybot worm infection

Luggie 12:33 04 Sep 04

This worm was picked up by Norton Antivirus. The infected file was immediately quarantinned then deleted. Upon recanning with NA this worm wasn't detected, indicating that it had been removed. Will it have affected my computer in any other way even though it is't detected by NA. Would changes have occured in my registry before i had deleted the file, the file was removed from my system within 10 min of being detected?
Having read NA info on website it affects registry and this needs backing up before any changes are made

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:42 04 Sep 04

It will be OK, Norton will have removed the worm and your registry will be OK. It might be an idea to turn off system restore and then turn it back on......and it might be an idea to lay off Kazaa ;-)))

You may like to download Ccleaner and Regseeker click here click here to give your computer a thorough tune up. When using Regseeker, make sure that you use the 'histories' button to clean the URL and cache as well as the registry cleaner.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…