w32 [email protected]

Charlie 3746 20:31 23 May 06

Can anyone please advise how to get rid of this hyjacker - Ewido doesn't touch it. Thanks

VoG II 20:34 23 May 06

click here

If you are not confident in doing this run HJT click here and post your log at click here

VoG II 20:45 26 May 06

Fixed?

Charlie 3746 21:06 26 May 06

Hi VoG
Thanks for the advice. The problem is on my father-in-law's computer and my wife hasn't been able to get over to his place and give it a go yet (he's 80 and I really regret the day he bought the bloody thing - the wife spends hours sorting it out for him) Anyway I digress - as soon as she's had a go I will let you know the outcome.
Thanks again
charlie3746

Charlie 3746 11:36 25 Jun 06

Hi VoG
My wife tried your suggestion but got a bit lost half way through. My father-in-law (despite advice to the contrary) got someone out of the yellow pages to get rid of the hijacker - he deleted Ewido, loaded Norton Anti Virus "upgraded" his computer (all unnecessary) and charged him £250. Since his visit the computer has been unusable - the chap is calling back tomorrow to put it right. What a rip-off

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…