W2K Professional Shuts down

rover364 10:37 30 Jun 04

I have just installed W2k Pro on my computer, as i need it as part of a course i'm trying to do, and i am having trouble with it shutting down.
Before it does shut down i am getting a message on the screen telling me to back up all files as
%drive%\sytem32\lsass.exe has caused a code 128 problem.I am then just a passenger watching the count down clock at the bottom of the screen until the computer switches off.
From what information i have gathered it looks like a variant of sarrs that could be the problem,although the freeby virus scanners and zappers i have used so far have eliminated the discrepencies they could find,the is obviously something still well hidden in there.
I have split my HD into 2 volumes and i am running Windows XP Pro on one of them,and i am having no problems whatsoever.

Diodorus Siculus 10:43 30 Jun 04

Format and reinstall I think would be the best idea; Win2k is excellent when it is running ok but can be a pain when it is not.

woodt 10:52 30 Jun 04

Have a look here click here first. Particularly the third post.

SANTOS7 10:55 30 Jun 04

click here this will help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…