W2K Network card disables itself

MikeJ101 23:19 23 Sep 03

has anyone got any idea how I can stop the network card from disabling itself in W2K ?
I have turned off the power saving feature but if the network connection is not used for a while the card disables itself. It will re-enable from the device manager but it is a pain in the a** to have to do that all the time. Any info on this issue would be appreciated.

LastChip 00:07 24 Sep 03

I note you have turned off the Power Management, but is that in Windows, or in the BIOS (or both)!

It could be a problem with Power Management in the BIOS turning the Network Card off, rather than Windows.

MikeJ101 08:52 24 Sep 03

Thanks for the responses.
The card gets disabled in Device manager. First sign is losing connection to the LAN. When I check the card it has red cross across it. All I do is click 'enable' and it works again.
I've turned off the power management feature in device manager where it gives the option to turn off the device if it is not being used to save power.
The power management in the BIOS has been left enabled. I'll try disabling it in bios and see what happens. We'll see !

Chegs ® 09:29 24 Sep 03

When you find out howto stop this,I would be interested to learn to,as my daughters networked puter does the same.I have also checked its Power Management,unticking the box that stated "Switch off after xx period of inactivity"(or similar wording)and it STILL goes off,requiring a reboot of her puter to reactivate it.

MikeJ101 09:43 24 Sep 03

OK Chegs I'll keep you posted.
May have a go at that bios later when I'm not using machine

MikeJ101 12:57 19 Nov 03

Still trying to get this sorted

LastChip 19:37 19 Nov 03

If so, delete the card in Device Manager, turn the machine right off and try the card in a different slot.

MikeJ101 11:33 13 Apr 05

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…