W2K disk properties cannot be viewed

MikeJ101 13:58 13 May 03

Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to why I cannot access the any disk properties on my W2K machine.

I have the user name setup as an administrator but when I right click the drive icon and select properties nothing happens.

I suspect it's got to do with permissions etc.. but can't seem to fathom out where the settings are wrong.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

spikeychris 18:50 13 May 03

MikeJ101,I doubt that its permissions as you would be told you don't have access rights. How long has this been happening? and have you viewed the props before?

spikeychris 18:56 13 May 03

No one knows why but a quick look in the 2K newsgroups show that Zonealarm can cause this problem. If you have it see if theres a new version or delete it and see if that cures it.

MikeJ101 00:27 14 May 03

Don't quite know what's happening really but all of a sudden I can now see the properties again. I changed my user name into a different user group and rebooted. After the reboot I logged back on as Administrator and there they were. I then changed my usual user name back to the administrator group and I could see the properties again. Seems a bit wierd but it now works. Thanks for your time spikeychris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…