W2K Boot up

Tycho 23:08 17 Feb 05

I have recently been resinstalling W2K and find that I am given the option at start up to load Wndows 2000 or another Windows 2000. I then have 30s to decide which one I want. I don't need the option or want to need to hit return to avoid the 30s wait. What's going on? As far as I know I only installed it once so why does the computer think that I have 2 lots?!

T

hugh-265156 23:43 17 Feb 05

not sure exactly and i have xp but try this it should be the same.

open control panel and click 'system/advanced/start up and recovery/settings' then untick 'time to display list of operating systems' that should stop the screen displaying.

THE TERMINATOR 00:02 18 Feb 05

Did you re-install on top of your old win2k or into another folder like c:\Windows001? If you installed into another folder then you have two operating systems, you will have to delete one of them....TT

Tycho 16:58 18 Feb 05

I used huggyg71's advice and no it only waits for a second before moving on and loading up.

In answer to the terminator's queries, I completely reformatted the HD reducing to 1 partition using the options on the startup floppies and CD so I really can't say how I managed to get two copies on the computer if indeed I did. I will see if I can track down the other copy if it exists. You say delete one of them. From Widows explorer? Sounds a bit risky to me...

T

TomJerry 17:03 18 Feb 05

control panel, system, advanced, startup

Tycho 23:05 18 Feb 05

I have had a look on the C drive and can find nothing relating to a separate copy of W2K. I am at a loss as to why I should have the option of starting one W2K or the other!

Its no particular bother now, though since it does not hang around waiting for a response.

T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now