W XP display settings

Newuser964 17:15 29 Aug 03

Is this some virus or what?
My W XP is usually set to display at 1024 x 768, 24 bit - out of a choice between 256 colours, 24 bit and 32 bit.

However, recently, after booting to the normal setting, some program in a DOS box flashes on and off the screen, foll. by the setting dropping to 8 bit [an option not normally even offered.] I have then a choice between 16 bit [again, not normally an option]and 32 bit. That stays put until I reboot, when the whole farce is repeated.

From what I can glimpse of the header, the program that flashes on and off the screen is something to do with Windows/System32 - but what?

Owl

Djohn 17:28 29 Aug 03

It may be that the graphic card drivers are corrupted, and need re-installing. If you have them to hand, then go into control panel, select settings/advanced/adaptor/properties, insert your driver CD, or floppy into drive, then follow on-screen instructions to "find better driver". j.

Newuser964 21:06 29 Aug 03

J - thanks - however I've done that, indeed downloaded new from net, and still it happens!

Owl

Legolas 21:23 29 Aug 03

Hane you installed and ran a virus checker? If not click here

Newuser964 21:31 29 Aug 03

Yip - it has just dealt w. Blast Worm, but hasn't found anything else!

Owl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…