Vundo.exe

piggy 21:15 26 Jul 06

my wifes lap top has the above at C:\windows\system32\service.dll and has been doing my head in ! ( so has the wife's moaning )I have tried the norton removal tool in normal mode the scan says its not there,as the alert windows pop up. in safe mode it is detected, cannot be quarantined or deleted and the removal toll ia also unable to delete it ! any suggestions ?
thanks
Piggy

VoG II 21:20 26 Jul 06

Run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here and let the experts help you.

piggy 06:05 27 Jul 06

Thanks VoG™ I'll give that a go
Piggy

bowman 07:30 27 Jul 06

Have a look here :

click here

It may help? I have never used this fix so it may work it may not? worth a try.

Hope this helps.

piggy 21:55 27 Jul 06

thanks for the suggestion bowman but that one, like many others does not work, I am now looking for 1.a plan B 2.ear defenders 3. Hair !! I also tried VoG™'s suggestion and am awaiting a reply...

Piggy

VoG II 21:59 27 Jul 06

What username did you use on the MWR forum?

skidzy 22:22 27 Jul 06

Have you had a look around for a backup log from Vundo ?

If a backup log is somewhere on your system,this may be the reason why you cannot delete anything related to Vundo.

Try a search with show hidden files ticked and type vundo.exe and delete all,you may have to delete the backup log first before you can delete anything related to vundo.

If in any doubt,make a system restore point first.

bowman 23:24 27 Jul 06

Hi Piggy

Sorry the fix did not work.....

You may like to have a read through this..

click here

there seems to be several ways that you can clear this trojan.

Hope this helps.

piggy 21:05 30 Jul 06

thanks to all, I used the same user name on the mwr forum , went back to it on friday to see if there was a response and couldnt find the post! in the end gave up and did a clean instal of xp, on the bright side the wife had got the "back everything up message" some time ago ,so only a couple of days stuff lost
Piggy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5