Vundo Virus

Mossifer 13:31 05 Jun 08

Hi All,

I have this virus on my home computer which was found my McAfee ~ though it cannot clean or delete the files. I've searched through some forums etc., and no one seems to have it as bad as I have. Nor can I get rid of it!!!

It's locking up my computer completely when I'm connected to the internet (that's just connected though, not just when I have internet explorer open!). Even when I'm not connected it's running slow and not opening up some programs.

I managed to trick the virus by reconnecting my wireless dongle after it had booted up, so I downloaded Paretologic anti Virus, though when I run the scan it gets stuck in a loop. Yesterday it was running for 14 hours.

As it seems it's almost impossible for me to use the internet to download anything would you suggest I just restored the factory settings? Or if I downloaded vundofix to a usb stick and run it will this work as I've seen from some forums that it doesn't work for some people?

Please let me know your suggestions as the issue is really frustrating me now!!

Thanks

brundle 13:33 05 Jun 08

Run HJT click here and post the log at this forum click here

Mossifer 13:38 05 Jun 08

Ok will do - if it even lets me download it!!

I'm not actually at the infected computer right now so I shall do this when I can and post the log.

birdface 14:15 05 Jun 08

Have a look.click here

birdface 14:16 05 Jun 08

Might be better running it in safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now