VRUS ON WINDOWS FILE

DJ Techz 16:27 12 Jun 08

Hi,

I am sorting a friends pc and i am currently running avast antivirus boot scan (pc covered with trojans, spyware and it was the only prgram i could install)it has just found a file called lsfk.exe in the windows folder. I pressed yes to delete it becasue it was infected by win32:trojan-gen.

Is this ok or am i in a lot of troule

DJ Techz 16:29 12 Jun 08

its just found cftmon.exe and is infected with the same trojan

Taff™ 16:47 12 Jun 08

Might have been better to send it to the vault but sometimes delete is the only option. You`ll have to wait and see I`m afraid. If you do get back into windows run System File Checker. (Start>Run type: sfc /scannow - note space)

provider 2 16:49 12 Jun 08

Check with Avast! forum:

click here

DJ Techz 16:51 12 Jun 08

its already finished but i couldnt send it to the vault anyway

provider 2 17:01 12 Jun 08
  mfletch 17:03 12 Jun 08

Try doing a scan with avast in safe mode

Reboot into SAFE MODE

1/Click Start and then click Turn Off Computer.
2/In the Turn Off Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.
3/As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8 repeatedly.
4/Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
5/If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
Note: If Windows launches before you can choose a safe mode, restart your computer and try again
PS/ Sometimes it maybe the F5 key

Taff™ 21:57 12 Jun 08

So, any adverse effects?

MAT ALAN 22:19 12 Jun 08

win32:trojan-gen is Avast's generic term for trojans so what is infecting your PC will actually be called something else, whereby there are dedicated tools to aid removal..

lsfk.exe is unclassified so you see the problem you have...

click here

if your problem persists the link will help, its a dedicated forum for this sort of thing and they will be more than happy to help you...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…