VPN'S ???????????? CAN ANYONE HELP

steviekill 16:04 18 Jun 03

VPN'S ???????????? CAN ANYONE HELP

I am trying to setup a VPN to a RAS_WIN2K SERVER. I have all but configured it as I can ping the server etc etc. I am granted access to the servers shared folders after a username and apssword prompt but when I try and terminal service to it, it cuts me dead eachtime. What sense does that make ?

Is there a setting or something that anyone could point me in the right direction as I am pulling my hair out over this one.

Squall 17:05 18 Jun 03

Can you ping the internal address of your Win2K server?

Also - does terminal services work ok on the internal network - if you have one

steviekill 17:23 18 Jun 03

Yes I can. I can also terminal service (RDC) Remote Desktop Connect on the WIN2K ISA server and get straight in. Its only the client machines that won't let me RDC message :

The client could not connect to the remote computer.

What do I need to enable on the clients or server or both ???

recap 17:42 18 Jun 03

On the client open the Network Conection Wizard, click the radio button for VPN connection then next, on the Public Network page select Automatic dial and select the device to dial to, click next.
On the Destination Address page enter the IP address of the VPN server, click next. Then you will be asked if you if you want to make the VPN available to all or just yourself.

steviekill 17:53 18 Jun 03

I have already done that.

No bother I have managed to do it. It was my bloody personal firewall !!!

Thanks for your help anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…