VPN over a wireless network

a beginner 16:33 20 Nov 05

Hi people, I wonder if any body can help? I have just purchased a new Belkin ADSL router to try my hand at wireless networking. All set up really easily and I was able to access the internet within minutes. Excellent, however, one strange problem, when I try to activate my VPN client SW to my office it will not connect over a wireless connection. It works perfectly when the laptop is plugged into one of the wired ports on the router? I have used the wireless card to access the office network before now but never on my new network. Is this just a router setting problem??

Forum Editor 19:01 20 Nov 05

have a problem with digital signatures and some wireless network cards. For instance, I have had problems with a Cisco client and a Linksys wireless card in the past - simply changing the card made the problem go away.

I take it you're not working with WEP enabled on your network? If you are, you might try disabling it to see if that makes a difference - your VPN might reject the adapter for that reason, although my preference would be for a change of card on the laptop if possible.

a beginner 19:12 20 Nov 05

Thanks Ed, I continued to tinker with the VPN interface page. I reaslised that a 'care of IP' address was not populated. This is usually done automatically. I entered the address of my network card and the connection worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…