vpn networks

hillybilly 07:47 12 Jul 04

I have 3 pc's in the office all on Win2k peer to peer, I want to put these on B/B using a netgear DG834 router. That I can handle.

Next I want to be able to connect to the office from home using a VPN connection, but I am not sure how to go about this. Do I need some third party software? Also have B/B connection at home. Thanks for any advice.

The Dark Sage 14:48 12 Jul 04

You can set one of your Win2K pro machines to answer incoming connections, including VPN's. This is straight forward enough as there is a new connection wizard that you can follow.

You will then need to make sure that the computer you have chosen has a static IP address and is left on when you want to VPN in from home.

When you have done all of that you need to set up your Netgear router to allow the VPN traffic into your network and to NAT it to the IP address of the PC that you have chosen to answer incoming connections. You will need to NAT tcp port 1723 to the ip address of the 2000 box.

hillybilly 16:09 12 Jul 04

Thanks for the info that's very helpful, but do you know if I will still need some 3rd party software? I have been looking at something called wingateVPN. Does anybody have any experience of this product?

The Dark Sage 16:22 12 Jul 04

any third party stuff, don't know anything about the software that you mentioned.

hillybilly 16:28 12 Jul 04

Okay, Thanks, I suppose it's time to get on with it!

The Dark Sage 16:33 12 Jul 04

but apparently it will.

Looks fairly straight forward as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…