VPN - how to connect

sam2004 22:47 07 Aug 04

Hi, i would like somone to use a VPN connection to send pictures to my home network.

however, although i understand how VPN works i am not sure how st set up a vpn connection for the above purpose.

i know i need to know my IP address, and i can find it out. although it is the 'file placing' but i find trouble with.

i would like to know how i can let VPN users access a file(s) to put the photos in.

Any Help Is Much Apprechated

Chegs ® 23:30 07 Aug 04

Not sure howto setup VPN,but try click here VNC is very easy to setup,install it,input your password/IP address,get whoever you want to connect to with the same prog,give them the password/IP address(if your on dialup,it changes everytime you connect)and set a folder on your PC for "Sharing"(little hand appears under it)and put the files into it.Then,whenever your online,they should be able to access this folder without difficulty.(but networks have a habit of winding up the administrator,you!) :-)

Chegs ® 00:17 08 Aug 04

I see its ticked,did you find out howto setup VPN or have you followed my advice over VNC?

Chegs ® 00:20 08 Aug 04

Via email...

Thankyou for your help :-) Please try not to mention networks winding me up. windows 95 is THE worst! One of the pcs running that will only acccept certian Ethernet Cards (if human, ones with: candy, sweets, buscuits, eat-all-you-can vouchers...) :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…