VPN Hell

martytoon 20:25 12 Jan 07

Apologies if this ends up with a double post, but it didn't appear last time......

My company has provided me with a new laptop which will allow me to make use of my own broadband service to connect to the company servers rather than rely on a pre-historic phone line and dial up service. At this point in time, the laptop is very close to being booted out of an upper floor window together with a large handful of hair torn from my head.

I have a Belkin G+ Mimo Wireless Router. With my laptop connected to the router (either wired or wireless) I can connect to the internet. However, when I attempt a VPN connection I get a “host computer not responding” message. But, if I ping the host computer address I get a response.

Took my laptop to a mates house who has a Netgear router and got a VPN connection within seconds. This made me think that it was an issue with my Belkin router so I lodged a support call with them. The response was the router is VPN compliant and that the issue must be with the VPN Client Software. This is provided by my company so a support call was made to them.

To cut a long story (and journey) short I called into one of our offices (I'm a homeworker) hooked up my laptop and got a VPN connection. So according to my IT support, it's not a software problem but an issue with the router. Unfortunately, Belkin say otherwise.

I've done some research on the internet and disabled the router's firewall and forwarded port 500 but still no joy. If anyone has any ideas before I get disciplined for damaging company equipment, they will be most welcome.

Thanks,
Martin.

STREETWORK 20:33 12 Jan 07
  p;3 22:38 12 Jan 07

bookmarking; I have no idea how to help but I have enjoyed your retaining your sense of humour within the problem solving
maybe some of these
click here

could help cover up the spaces left by the large handfulls of hair now missing from your head
also, please do not be tempted to treat the lap top to a cold bath to wake it up ; I think its electrical circuits alone would not appreciate it::))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…