Voyager 2110 Help

Dancingkat 18:26 24 Feb 06

I've successfully set up wireless internet access on 2 x PCs and 1 laptop with the Voyager 2110 (the main PC is connected to the Voyager by an ethernet cable, and the other PC and laptop by a BT USB connector and a card). All works OK, although the signal strength on the laptop is consistently low. I'm not sure, though, whether I can also wirelessly share files and print between these 3 units through the Voyager. I tried to set up a wireness file sharing network for the 2 PCs, just to see what was possible, but I can't seem to be able to do it - not that I have a very clear idea of what to do, even with the Network Setup Wizard. All information out there is either very basic or very complex! Can someone give me a steer?

keewaa 18:53 24 Feb 06

You should try changing the wireless channel used to see if you can get a better signal (1,6,11 are best to try first)

Are they all XP home? Did you try the file sharing with all the software firewalls disabled.

A great walk through site is here :
click here

Dancingkat 07:29 25 Feb 06

I've used that great 'walk through' site, and followed it faithfully, but I am still having problems. My main PC (the one connected to the Voyager 2110 via an Ethernet cable) isn't 'seeing' the 2nd PC, which is connected to the Voyager via a BT USB adaptor, even after performing a search. The 2nd PC 'sees' the main computer, but states that I don't have permission to access the main computer. What can I be doing wrong?

keewaa 12:39 25 Feb 06

Have you disabled the software firewalls. What version of windows are on the PCs?

Here is a good checklist click here

Dancingkat 18:25 25 Feb 06

Yes, I've disabled the firewalls, and gone through the checklist, all with no joy. Both PCs and the laptop are running Windows XP Home.

keewaa 20:31 25 Feb 06

Well the answer is yes you can, obviously there's a problem.

Are you able to ping the other machines, at a command prompt type ping 192.168.0.2 (or whatever the other PC IP is (Use IPCONFIG /ALL to see the IP of each machine) and confirm NETUSER GUEST gets ACCOUNT ACTIVE : YES on each of the machines.

Dancingkat 07:29 26 Feb 06

Yes, I can ping between the computers. However, I don't know where to find NETUSER GUEST - can you tell me how to access this? It doesn't appear to be on any of the settings for the Voyager, and I dont' seem to be able to view the network on the main PC?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…