voyager 1055 adapter

Chas49 11:12 19 Oct 08

Recently I was obliged to reinstall Vista on my computer. Prior to this the adapter was working fine. I have just tried to reinstall and failed.

The adapter disk is giving trouble ( I have two disks and both give identical problems). When install is clicked (either disk) a box comes up saying that there is an error running the utilities/setup. This same error also appears when clicking on the user guide button but quoting the user guide. I went into Utilities and ran the setup from there. A box comes up asking for me to add VID PID (whatever that is!) - clicking OK on that (without obeying the instruction) results in the installation continuing until a box comes up with the instruction to put the adapter into a USB socket. This done then the installation apparently stops - the disk light is working overtime and, after five minutes it was obviously going nowhere.

I am using the ethernet connection at the moment. Any help gratefully received.

rawprawn 15:35 19 Oct 08

I think you will find VID PID is Vendor Product ID
but I don't know how to get round your problem. Have you tried checking or reinstalling the USB Drivers, I think that is where the problem lies.
Do other USB connected peripherals work?

rawprawn 15:37 19 Oct 08

Also try a system file check. Open the Command prompt by right click and select Run as administrator then type sfc /scannow and hit Enter

rawprawn 16:13 19 Oct 08

This may solve your problem Download BT Voyager driver downloads
click here
Good luck

Chas49 17:07 19 Oct 08

Many thanks - the link was very useful. I downloaded the required driver, unzipped and installed it and voila! It works! Again, many thanks.

rawprawn 17:14 19 Oct 08

Glad you are sorted, thank you for the feedback it's always helpful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now