Votes &help 4 needed for tecnical idiot

smeehee 23:32 26 Jun 03

Like a prat whilst trying to fix my pc I decided to remove windows internet explorer from my PC. When I rebooted it asked if I wanted to clean up personal settings. I clicked yes.
Now can't access anything....Recycle bin, My computer, Control panel, EVEN my documents. However the E is still there and (obviously) I'm on net.
I have obviously made a boob, but is it repairable.

Ice Junkie 23:34 26 Jun 03

Probably more hassly than its worth. Might be better of re-installing you OS to get ALL your original settings back mate. IMO

smeehee 23:38 26 Jun 03

How do I do the OS thingymijig :@)

Ice Junkie 23:39 26 Jun 03

What Windows (OS - Operating System) are you running?

woodchip 23:41 26 Jun 03

Reload the Operating System over it's self. but make shure you disable Anti-Virus in CMOS and in Windows before your run it. there should not be a need to format just reinstall from run box or if it's a Restore disc restart the computer with the restore disc in but if it is a restore you will lose everything that you installed and doc's after you got the comp

smeehee 23:43 26 Jun 03

Running 98.

I have run a scanreg/fix and this has not cured it....The message box reads...."The programm performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"...then another box appears and says..."There was an internal error and one of the windows you were using will be shut down"

smeehee 23:44 26 Jun 03

PS...I have no discs

jojo_1 23:44 26 Jun 03

That depends on what machine/restore disc you have, some give you the option to install the o/s over what you already have without formatting.

Ice Junkie 23:45 26 Jun 03

So backup all important files...

Ice Junkie 23:47 26 Jun 03

No disc. You will have to do alot of repair work to the PC then. Without seeing the state it will be hard to give any advice...Sorry

smeehee 23:47 26 Jun 03

Does anyone know what I have actually done. Seems odd that I uninstalled Windows explorer and that seems to be the ONLY thing I can open...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…