VOODOO 5500 AND WINDOWS XP

STEVE1052 21:57 07 Feb 03

I have recently upgraded to Windows XP Pro.
For the past 2 years i have been using Windows 98se and Windows me.
When i installed XP it automatically found my drivers for my Voodoo 5 AGP card.
However the driver date was May 2001.
When i was running the other Ops i had 2002 updated driver.
I decided to try the driver that Microsoft had provided me with,so far none of my games will work properly.
So ihave tried several updated drivers from various sites including Voodoo files.com
When i install the driver following all the instructions carefully Windows Xp explains to me that the driver is not Microsoft Certified,anyway once the driver is installed some games work brilliantly such as GTA3,CASTLE WOLFENSTEIN.Others it will not even load properly.Xp tellsme that the problem is to do with the updated driver.
However when i perform the tests in directx it passes both of them using directx 7 and 8!!!
All these games in the past have worked fine with 98 and me,could somebody please tell me if they know where i can get another updated driver for the Voodoo 5 for Windows Xp,or is there anything else i can do(apart from buy a Xp 100% compatible graphic card!!!
Many thanks
Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…