Vonage Broad Band Telephone Service

audeal 23:24 01 May 08

My son told me about this Telephone Service and I was wondering if any one out there has signed up to them and can give me any info to their reliability and if the system is worth seriously considering. click here

Stuartli 23:28 01 May 08

Vonage is well respected, but Skype is even cheaper and, I would suspect, even more widely used.

audeal 23:42 01 May 08

Stuartli: You could be right there. The difference is that with Skype you call another skype user, (I also know that you can call a landline, but, as I understand, a landline can't call skype.) With Vonage you are calling from you normal landline phone to another landline phone using your Broadband line. Maybe there is a saving with your phone calls here, ie. unlimited calls to UK & Ireland (option 1).

Still it is something to think about as I have still got 10 months to run on my new contract.

Thanks for your comment. Maybe there is someone who has actually used Vonage and can let me know what they think of it. My son is also interested to know.

audeal 12:22 02 May 08

Does anybody else know anything about this system they can tell me about?

Stuartli 13:17 02 May 08

The best bet of all is what I've been using for more than two years - TalkTalk's International3 package (now called TT AnyTime) at £20.50.

Providing you have a BT line you get up to 8MB broadband, free AnyTime UK calls, free AnyTime international calls to 36 countries and your line rental of £10.49 paid.

The basic cost i.e. deducting line rental which has to be paid anyway, is little different to Vonage's price, but superb all round value. In fact the best on offer by any ISP.

See:

click here

Stuartli 13:19 02 May 08

There's also the Evening and Weekend alternative:

click here

Stuartli 13:22 02 May 08

To avoid, wherever possible, having to pay for 0870 and 0871 prefix calls, I visit:

click here

first to discover if there is a geograpical alternative.

audeal 19:27 02 May 08

Stuartli: Thanks for your input. I am on a new contract with the Post Office and have ten months to run with it. I will look at your links and see if anything there interests me. I have plenty of time to think things over anyway.

Audeal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac