Volume on Toshiba Equium L40 Laptop

conners 13:06 23 Feb 09

I had a problem with my laptop and had it restored to factory settings but since I've had it back I can't change the volume by holding down 'fn' and using the arrows like I usually can. Someone told me to download some driver for the volume from the Toshiba website but to be honest I'm a complete computer novice and caouldn't find it on the site.

Anyone have any ideas?

MAJ 13:18 23 Feb 09

Have you tried pressing Fn + Esc to turn on the volume first?

conners 13:59 23 Feb 09

Yeah, I've tried that. It doesn't seem to work

MAJ 16:07 23 Feb 09

Look in Device Manager, see if there any errors reported for your sound card. Your sound driver will be listed here click here enter the relevant details. Usually though, if you restored to factory settings the drivers will also be reloaded. Are you getting any sound at all?

conners 17:46 23 Feb 09

I have sound but have to use the volume icon on the bottom right of the task bar.

MAJ 19:29 23 Feb 09

If you're getting sound then the drivers have been loaded, conners. The hotkeys will probably be activated by a key press somewhere. I'm not familiar with Toshiba laptops, so try downloading the manual from that link I posted earlier.

T0SH 20:23 23 Feb 09

Check on the Toshiba web site for a download of the laptop utilities for that model they are usually found in the same area of support where you can download drivers and updates

Cheers HC

T0SH 20:29 23 Feb 09

Have a look here at the Toshiba Hotkey Utility read the description of what it does ?

click here

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…