Volume removal win 98se

russ-rich 14:10 17 Feb 04

About 50% of the time when I start up, after 20 secs I get the blue warning screen with the words ' The volume that was removed had files on it. Next time please check first to see if the volume can really be removed. Press any key to continue'.
When I do press any key I get another blue screen talking about volume and the only way I can get further is to reboot the computer. Even then sometimes I have to go through the whole procedure again.
To my knowledge I have not removed any 'volume'. Any idea how I can eliminate this problem?

MichelleC 14:24 17 Feb 04

This may help click here

LastChip 14:26 17 Feb 04

What happens if you run Scandisc on the drive(s)?

russ-rich 17:18 17 Feb 04

when I reboot I have to use scandisc and that usually gets me booted correctly - although occasionally I have to do it again even after scandisc.
I see MichelleC has given indications that this is an old problem - looks like I am one of the unlucky ones but why has it only happened in the last few months when I have had the system for 2+ years?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…