volume panel ! message

Jomi 11:04 03 Jan 10

On start up I have a very small window which opens on the desktop, it says 'Volume Panel', inside the window is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark, the only options it has are to click on an 'ok' button or I can close the window.
I don't know what causes it or how to get rid of the message permanently. Does anyone know what this is? I tried a Google search but found nothing of any help. I recently uninstalled a bunch of 'Creative soundblaster' software so it could be connected to that, any help would be great. Thanks.

AMD 6000+ dual core.
asus M2V mainboard
4bg ram
Nvidia 8800gtx
windows 7 (64bit)

Jomi 11:12 03 Jan 10

OOPS Sorry, I should've tried a bit harder!
I answered my own question with the comment about the 'Cretive soundblaster' uninstall. There was still 2 references in the Startup menu (running msconfig), I deleted those and rebooted and the message is gone.
Does this mean that there is a folder somewhere that should've been deleted duting the uninstall?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:14 03 Jan 10

Does this mean that there is a folder somewhere that should've been deleted duting the uninstall?

Probably not, it just means the startup links were not removed.

Jomi 16:27 03 Jan 10

Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…