Volume levelling of mp3 files

m800afc 11:22 01 Jun 07

For some time I have been copying my open reel tapes, cassette tapes, vinyl and CD onto my computer as mp3 files. I have just reached 25,000 files. I can listen to the music, played at random as if it were my own personal radio station. I use mp3Gain to set a gain of 90db to each track. When they are added to my WMP10 library I use volume levelling. In spite of this there is still a very marked difference in the volumes of the tracks. Does anyone know of a volume levelling program that will solve this problem. It must be capable of batch processing, bearing in mind the number of files. If it is free that is even better.
I know some folk may argue that my method may not render the music in great hifi, but if I want that I can listen to the original as I am not disposing of them.

missingit 12:09 01 Jun 07

I use this,
click here

m800afc 23:48 01 Jun 07

As I said in my original post, I use mp3Gain, but it does not do the job very well at all. I need something that will adjust or level the gain to a predetermined level. I use 90db, Mp3Gain defaults to 89db.

missingit 07:51 02 Jun 07

oops sorry,must put my glasses on before reading posts.

Anyway for a batch volume normalizer, Itunes, wavepad seemingly do it.
I don't know if there is anything here that helps.
click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…