Volume Icon

thospot 19:06 03 Apr 07

Could some one please tell me why my 'Volume Icon' does not stay in my taskbar. It never seems to be there when I need it...

rdave13 19:11 03 Apr 07

Try start--control panel--sounds,speech and audio devices--sounds and audio devices--volume tab--make sure "place volume in the taskbar" box is ticked.

anskyber 19:11 03 Apr 07

You can lock it there usually. Do you have the setting for "hide inactive icons"

anskyber 19:12 03 Apr 07
  BurrWalnut 19:15 03 Apr 07

If you have set it to show it's caused by a well documented, long term bug. Here are some workarounds that may help click here

thospot 19:19 03 Apr 07

I have been in control panel, 'sounds and audio' devices and made sure that the box was ticked. I am now checking the 'hide inactive icons'. Thanks

thospot 19:31 03 Apr 07

According to the link from BurrWALnut the fault is a bug in Windows XP and there is no cure for it.. I have checked 'hide inactive icons' and I have not got it ticked so that is not the cause.. I will have to keep trying the workarounds suggested in the link..

Thanks for your help and if any one can think of an answer in the mean time I shall be gratefull..

baldtaco 14:29 04 Apr 07

This may be of use to use. I particularly like the "cursor over the task bar" setting.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…