Volume control resets itself

gisjo 15:52 21 Feb 09

Hi can anyone help. Every time i start windows the volume control resets itself to zero. You can push the slider up and it just drops back down again. If i start a game up for example, then move the slider it will stay in place untill i restart windows, then it slides back to zero again. I am using windows xp pro, sp3. Been doing this for about 2 weeks been using onboard sound but today put a new soundcard in after disabeling all on board sounds,and installing relevent drivers but i still have same problem. I have tried everything, loooked in bios i can't see anything, can anyone help?
thanks
Gary

crosstrainer 16:01 21 Feb 09

What make and model of soundcard / motherboard are you using?

gisjo 16:04 21 Feb 09

Motherboard is ASUS P5Q pro soundcard is soundblaster X-FI xtreme gamer, but problem started with the onboard sound and still doing it with this sound card

howard64 16:08 21 Feb 09

this seems to me to be a sound card driver problem. Very strange though that it is the same for new sound card and onboard system. I would suggest that you first uninstall the original onboard sound card driver then reboot and install the driver for the new sound card. Making sure that you have correctly disabled the onboard sound in the bios.

crosstrainer 16:08 21 Feb 09

Are both enabled? Go to your BIOS and disable the onboard sound.

Then download and install the new drivers for your soundblaster:

click here

Choose the correct driver from the site.

gisjo 16:11 21 Feb 09

Hi i have done all of the above, i am at a loss

crosstrainer 16:16 21 Feb 09

Open control panel.

Device manager.

Scroll down until you see the soundblaster entry

Right click

Choose uninstall

Re-boot

Do not let Windows install the driver for you when asked

Poiint the wizard at the downloaded driver package you have on your hdd.

Re-boot.

gisjo 18:00 21 Feb 09

Just tryed the above still the same

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…