volume control programme has not been installed.

Sparkly 13:42 07 Oct 08

Hi all I have a slick small problem with the volume icon in the taskbar problem is it's not there I have sound coming from the speakers albeit very quiet.
I have gone into the control panel to the sounds, and speech, and audio devices, then click sound and audio devices I have tried putting a ticket in the box that says place volume icon in the taskbar, I then get an error box telling the windows cannot display the volume control on the taskbar because the volume control programme has not been installed.To install add/remove Windows components, use add/remove programs in control panel
In the sounds an audio device properties box I have clicked on the audio tab and then clicked on the volume tabs and then get a Windows error box saying windows cannot execute SndVol32.exe, use add/remove programs control panel to install.
I have gone in to the add remove programs and clicked on add/remove Windows components but I am unable to find anything in there regarding SndVol32.exe
can anyone advise please, thanks in advance.

Windows XP home edition, version 2002 service Pack 2.

Stuartli 13:52 07 Oct 08

Type:

sfc /scannow

(note the space) into the Run box (from Start) and click OK.

You may need to have your XP installation disk handy.

SFC replaces any missing or corrupted files.

Stuartli 13:54 07 Oct 08

Or see:

click here

Sparkly 14:00 07 Oct 08

Hi Stuartli thanks will have a go and get back to you.

Sparkly 14:40 07 Oct 08

Stuartli followed your second link and downloaded the Zip files job done but even with the volume at full the sound is still quite thanks for the help maybe i sould let the kids have this one as its not playing loud.....lol

Stuartli 15:35 07 Oct 08

Glad it worked.

Check that the volume level slider in the Volume icon panel is not set too low.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now