Volume contol icon

Jake 11:24 24 Apr 04

My volume contol icon which was always by clock has disappeared. Please advise how to retrieve from here

User-312386 11:27 24 Apr 04

Start>Control Panel>Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices, then click on the sounds and audio device link

now a box will pop up, now tick the box that says "Place volume icon in the taskbar"

thats it your done, thats assuming you are using XP

User-312386 11:49 24 Apr 04

Go to Start> Settings> Control Panel and double-click the Multimedia icon.

Click the Audio tab, and in the Playback section. tick the Show Volume Control On The Taskbar option. Click OK and the Volume Control icon is back.

Jake 13:49 24 Apr 04

When I GO INTO MULTIMEDIA THE PLAYBACK TAB IS GREYED OUT

exodus 16:57 24 Apr 04

As it is greyed out, I think your sound card drivers are corrupt. Try reinstalling your sound card software/drivers. With some cards, it is recommended to uninstall before installing/repairing.
If you are using onboard sound, they should be loaded automatically. Ensure the sound is not disabled in the bios setup.

Jake 18:46 24 Apr 04

how do i check bios set up please

User-312386 19:32 24 Apr 04

to get in the bios as soon as you press the ON button on your PC start pressing the delete key

exodus 23:05 24 Apr 04

The bios set up will only effect the sound if the motherboard is fitted with a sound chip as opposed to a pci sound card.
Are you using a motherboard with an on board sound chip or a PCI sound card?

woodchip 23:10 24 Apr 04

Your computer as forgot the sound drivers reload them from a disc. It will then put the Speaker icon back it'd done it with mine on a couple of occasions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…