Voltages in BIOS help

Audio~~Chip 22:44 07 Nov 09

I am looking on the BIOS on a friends home built machine using a ASRock P775i 65G v2.0 and a Intel Celeron 3.06GHZ CPU.

The machine has been freezing a lot and I tested his PSU with a oldish Antec PSU tester and it indicated as passed. The PSU is a 450w Win Power brand.

In the BIOS settings under H/W Monitor it shows the Vcore voltages.

Is it normal for the Vcore, 5.00v & 12.00v figures to randomly keep changing up and down the 12v changes from 11.827 upto 11.985
& the 5v changes 5.136 upto 5.160 & vcore from 1.360 upto 1.376

Would the only things connected are Keyboard PS2, 1 USB mouse, DVD Wtr, SATA HDD & AGP FX5200 unpluged card reader. Front USB 2.0 ports are conected.

Would this be a Motherboard fault or PSU problem ?

woodchip 23:18 07 Nov 09

I would think that these was within tolerance levels

woodchip 23:19 07 Nov 09

I would think that these was within tolerance levels, What are you using for Graphics to see BIOS onboard Graphics?

Audio~~Chip 23:25 07 Nov 09

Hope you not been washed off the hill with all last weeks heavy rain!

Not quite sure what you mean re Graphics question. There is a Nvidia 128MB AGP Graphics Card fitted.

woodchip 16:11 08 Nov 09

Vcore voltages.Refer to your CPU volts These will change with a modern CPU

woodchip 16:12 08 Nov 09

Don't think your PSU is at fault

Audio~~Chip 16:20 08 Nov 09

Still no better. Found it can even freeze up and hang when you 1st power it on and it checks the memory and drives. Seems to stick. What a pain it is.

I am Spartacus 16:36 08 Nov 09

Possibly RAM. Try the MS Memory Diagnostics click here

woodchip 19:07 08 Nov 09

Most possible is that a bad driver is the Problem as this when they are loaded, even a corrupt system driver can do it.

Audio~~Chip 20:43 08 Nov 09

Re my own machine, I havent fixed the problem.

Re this machine for a friend. I have ran MemTest arround 3 times and all passed. I will try the MS diagnostics when I put the motherboard back in and cable it up. I found a broken pin on the socket 775 Artic cooler plastic peg and it wasn't holding it down too well. Though temps were arround 45c.
If its a driver issue then I did have issues getting the Nvidia FX5200 driver when choosing one on nVidia website. But no problem when downloading on my older machine. Will also reinstall windows after.

Problem is working, not getting much time to get my hands in too much, only evening hours late.

Audio~~Chip 22:30 08 Nov 09

the ASRock 775i65G v2.12 has 1.5Gb/s THE FIRST SATA ! so its not SATA a Sata II motherboard controller

Can someone confirm this could be the problem please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…