voltage values

the kopite 07:46 26 Jul 05

Hi Guys I have recently brought a cheap psu due to finacial difficulties ie skint lol and could any kind chap tell me if these voltage values supplied by everest home edition are ok cpu core1.70v +3.3=3.34 +5v=4.97 +12v=12.22 +5v standby=5.05v thanks guys but just having one psu blow I am naturaly worried kopite

Gongoozler 09:46 26 Jul 05

As far as I know, the voltages should be within 10% of the nominal values, so yours all look OK.

the kopite 09:54 26 Jul 05

Thanks googonzoller HAVING ONE PSU BLOW i WAS WORRIED

Danoh 10:06 26 Jul 05

Do you know what caused your previous PSU to be blown? Important, as the same actions would probably blow a new PSU, whatever quality.

Steady state voltage values are no indication of performance under load. More important than voltage is the power rating (Watts) which should have a decent extra margin over the combined wattage of all components which will be drawing power from your PSU.

the kopite 14:50 26 Jul 05

Hi Danhoe all I was doing was upgrading my cpu at first I thought it was that but by a process of eliminatiom I tracked it down to the psu the stated wattage is 550 watts and the psu is called EZcooler I had never heard of it befor but it was the only psu my computer shop stocked in 400 or 550 watt so I chose the 550 thanks kopite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…