Volblaizer Trojan - what do i do?

Halmer 16:39 23 Mar 06

I've been using my lad's PC instead of mine today. Just went back in to the room and there was an AVG window showing with a warning about Windows/System32 and the Volblaizer (or something like that) trojan/virus. Funny enough the same tried to connect via Zone Alarm earlier today but i denied it. Glad I did now.

Unfortunately the AVG window closed before I could action anything. I've run an AVG scan with system restore off but it hasn't picked anything up for some reason. Any ideas please?

VoG II 16:45 23 Mar 06

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked. Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Clean' (or 'Delete' if 'Clean' is not an option). Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

Halmer 16:46 23 Mar 06

I already have Ewido.

VoG II 16:48 23 Mar 06

Have you run a scan?

Halmer 17:06 23 Mar 06

thanks

just wondered if I've got it configured like you suggest above.

Halmer 18:15 23 Mar 06

running a Ewido and AVG scan again.

Halmer 19:03 23 Mar 06

I ran AVG and Ewido scans both of which found nothing.

I was then using the PC and an AVG window popped up again saying the same as above, i.e. Volblaizer trojan etc. etc. I've 'healed' it this time and it is in the virus vault. Can't understand why the fulls can didn't pick it up. Hopefully it's gone for good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…