voip and skype

lofty29 20:22 30 Jul 08

Hi, what are the facts regarding voip and skype, are they as good and simple as claimed to be, are the calls pc to pc really free, and worldwide, or are they a big hype???

chub_tor 20:46 30 Jul 08

I use Skype and yes if you already have a broadband connection it is free. I have found it simple to use, very reliable, nice to see video of the recipients and I highly recommend it.

Technotiger 21:06 30 Jul 08

No hype at all, absolutely brilliant and free!

ambra4 02:11 31 Jul 08

“Are they a big hype???”

No way; the best way to keep in touch with family and friends worldwide, once you have a

computer and broadband service you would wonder how you ever did without it

My family been using it since it first came out many years ago to talk to my son in the USA,

Brother & Daughter in the UK, Sister in Canada, Friends in Brazil and it don’t cost you a penny;

you don’t ever pay for the software.

Once the person is on line you just click the ring button and you can talk for hours plus see the

person if you have a web cam

In fact bought a special 2 line cordless telephone with three extensions about three years ago

so that we can answer normal land line and Skype calls on the same phone from any room in the

house, in fact you can answer a normal land line call and also answer a Skype call on the same hand

set with out losing any of the calls

Cordless DUALphone is a cordless telephone that can be connected to a normal telephone socket

and a USB port on a computer for Skype

click here

lofty29 17:01 31 Jul 08

thanks for all your help will give it a go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…