VOIP problems - does anyone's service work?

Akinbiyi 10:07 06 Apr 05

I use VOIP to call landlines overseas. I tried Xeloq/goandcall, but the interface is lousy. I started with Skype Out about 5 months ago. At first it was great, but now the delay in hearing the other person and the large number of calls where the other person can't hear me has made the service unusuable.

Has anyone found a VOIP service [for calls to the public network] which works reliably?

Greengiant 22:47 26 Apr 05

Try this one: click here

Akinbiyi 14:26 28 Apr 05

I placed a similar message on the Skype user forum and got a torrent of responses, all with the same complaint as I had, so I assume it is a general problem with Skype.

I hunted around the web and found Joy Telecom [click here]. You dial one of a series of 0870 numbers, depending on the price/minute, and then the overseas number. The prices are broadly similar to Skype Out, but you get a proper land connection and the quality is the same as using BT. So I have given up on VOIP and will maybe try again in a year or so when maybe the providers have got their act in order.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…