Voice Recognition Software

NSBT 05:31 01 Jan 08

Hi

I spend a lot of time on various forums, is there such a thing as voice recognition software.

What I’d like to do is speak which translates directly into a post instead of constantly typing.

By the time I’ve typed and posted, the forum has moved on.

€dstowe 06:33 01 Jan 08

After trying lots of version of voice recognition software - and rejecting it as being more trouble than it's worth, I have just bought click here which, so far I'm quite impressed with. There are cheaper versions of the software if you look around e.g without the wireless facility but, it is quite costly, even so.

NSBT 06:56 01 Jan 08

Hi edstowe

Thanks, however, that link does not work, it's coming up with error on page.

€dstowe 06:59 01 Jan 08

Odd, it works for me.

Anyway, go to the dabs website and look for Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 Wireless - which is the one I've bought. A lot more expensive at some other places.

tullie 08:35 01 Jan 08

Dragon is probably the best you can get at the moment,but i dont think it will do what you want,unless ive misunderstood,its for use with applications such as Word.

€dstowe 08:47 01 Jan 08

Version 9 of Dragon claims to work in almost all applications. If it doesn't, there is a thing called a Dictation Box which forces the program to work.

Not tried all the possibilities yet and, being quite busy at present, it will be some days before I'm able to.

iarno 10:22 01 Jan 08

I have version 9 of dragon, setup and training I found very easy. I've used it on MSN, email.
Strange thing is I've not tried it on forums,but see no reason why it would'nt,but as you say it's much quicker than typing.
My version is not wireless but dont find it a problem. Head phones with mike is suplied. Got mine at amason. click here

good luck.

I

LANDCRUISER 12:56 01 Jan 08

If you want dragon natural try QVC the shopping channel,they sell it for around £60 a lot cheaper,ive been meaning to get it for myself,go to QVC.UK

NSBT 16:31 01 Jan 08

Thanks everyone, I'm sure with the infomation supplied I'll be able to make some progress.

Once again

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…