Voice recognition software.

diogenes 18:38 14 Apr 05

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations about the best VR sogtware to us on my elderly Dell laptop - 440 Pentium 2 processor, 56 mb RAM,
6GB HDD, Win 98SE?

Thanks.

woodchip 18:51 14 Apr 05

Dragon Dictate Standard edition

Curio 19:01 14 Apr 05

If you go for Dragon, Version 8 is the latest edition.

wiz-king 19:43 14 Apr 05

Unless you get more RAM, they are very hungry on memory.

woodchip 19:45 14 Apr 05

click here
ou should get it cheaper.

click here

click here

the one I buy nearly all my computer stuff is click here
P&P extra

diogenes 20:57 14 Apr 05

Thank you for your advice.

I have looked at the system requirements. Looks like the elderly Dell has reached the end of the line!

Thoughts on a replacement?

Technotiger 21:02 14 Apr 05

If you are thinking of a new pc - you could do worse than stick with DELL.

woodchip 21:04 14 Apr 05

MAKRO as a GOOD offer on at the Moment it is a Time but MAKRO are the ones who are responsible for what they sell a Sempron CPU a TFT monitor about 2800 DVDRW, TV and lot's and lot's for £499 plus VAT

diogenes 17:35 28 Apr 05

UPDATE.

I decided to go for the notebook that Lowest on Web sell. Ordered it 17/04. Delivered 22/04. So far I am well pleased.

re the Dragon VR software. Do people recommend preferred or standard? I want to use it to dictate notes when reading - my hands are not too great for writng these days.

Yhanks everyone.

woodchip 18:40 28 Apr 05

standard Good enough, but preferred is better if you need all the bell and whistles

wiz-king 21:24 28 Apr 05

to tell it a story. If you can read the longest piece of text in the handbook to let it get used to your voice, it is easy to be impatient and try to set it up quickly. It pays to get the setup just right, check the microphone setting and you might find that it helps to use an earphone with a boom microphone ( sometimes one is supplied with the program ).
And, dont worry about looking silly talking to yourself, just pretend you have got the latest invisible mobile phone!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…