Voice over music?

Duncanf 16:21 13 Feb 06

Can anyone tell me if I can record a voice over a music trax? I'm working with narration for a musical which I'd like to overlay on the backing trax. I have the music on either CD, as a wave recording on Audacity or Nero, and I hoped to use a microphone into the Sound Card. Any ideas how I put this into practice? Thanks again in anticipation!

Skyver 16:24 13 Feb 06

Play the .wav in a media player on headphones, record your narration with Nero/Audacity, then merge the resulting file with the music .wav
Save them seperately so you can edit as much as you need to.

Duncanf 16:27 13 Feb 06

Thanks, Skyver for your prompt reply.
I'll try your sequence!

Duncanf 18:57 13 Feb 06

Skyver....or anyone who works with Audacity!
I've done as suggested above....recorded wav file of voice, wav file of backing music trax and now want to get both files below each other on Audacity screen so I can play both simultaneously in sync. Has anyone got answers? I can't see how to import the second wav file below the first and successfully merge the two.

Skyver 00:17 16 Feb 06

With an empty Audacity screen, go to Project and select New Audio Track - make sure that track is highlighted and select Project/Import Audio and find your backing music .wav - if it's stereo the track you just created will be changed to stereo as you'd expect. Now do the same again, and import your voice over audio.

Skyver 00:22 16 Feb 06

Just to clarify, when I say do the same I mean Project/New Audio Track, Project/Import Audio.

Duncanf 15:54 16 Feb 06

Excellent instructions Skyver and easy to follow. That's it solved. Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…