VoG's ciggie link

Irishman 22:10 02 Jan 04

That is the coolest bit of kit I have seen in a long time. Now as I have an old BMW lighter in the garage and also an old case, all I would need is the "Sleeved 4pin 12v Molex Connector". Can these be bought from somewhere like Maplin? How do you wire it up? Would the bulb work? This is a serious question folks.

Irishman 22:13 02 Jan 04

Should of course have posted the link in case anybody didn't see it. click here

Irishman 22:15 02 Jan 04

Right over my head! I'm not known as Irishman for nothing!

VoG II 22:30 02 Jan 04

As far as I know they are the only seller. I don't know how it connects up - presumably to a spare lead from the PSU.

Unfortunately you cannot buy by credit card but they do accept Paypal, if you've got that.

If you decide to purchase, get two and I'll send you the Euros for mine!

Djohn 23:05 02 Jan 04

click here Look to the right hand panel £9.99 ;o)

Djohn 23:08 02 Jan 04

Link didn't work! type cigarette lighter into the search box.

VoG II 23:17 02 Jan 04

Thank you very, very much.

Ordered and confirmed.

Irishman 23:28 02 Jan 04

If I can get the cable I'll probably build it myself. Having had a closer look at the connector it only has two cables in it so presumably finding a 12 volt supply from the PSU with a meter and then a bit of soldering it should work. Might mount it to the right side of the floppy. If nothing else it would be good for a laugh. Better remember not to use it when there's a floppy in there though!

Thanks for the link Djohn but as I have an old but in perfect condition lighter I will go the DIY route. If you see a large puff of smoke from the direction of N.Ireland you'll know it's not the ceasefire breaking down just me blowing up my computer! Wonder if I should do a backup first?

Djohn 23:32 02 Jan 04

Irishman, don't forget a cooling fan ;o)

VoG ordered one myself too! Now where is that ashtray that slides out of a CD bay! ;o)

VoG II 23:35 02 Jan 04

CD bay? Do you mean my coffee cup holder?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…