vog rundll error on startup

n4165si 15:20 18 Aug 06

it mentions in the video clip to unclick all the entries bar the firewall references .i have 24 of them does this still apply or which ones are essential and can i reverse the situation without further problems? this rundll reference is to an earlier july thread
regards n4165si

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:34 18 Aug 06

Please post alink to your earlier thread or explain the problem again in more detail.

What is the name of the dll that will not run and give the error message?

n4165si 16:02 18 Aug 06

the message was posted on 7th july under: problem rundll :,vog in hjs reply says click here and when you do a windows video clip plays detailing the method of disabling under the system configuration utility, as i have exactly the same error as this i need to know how many entries you can unclick safely and if you do can i reverse the situation
n4165si

VoG II 16:05 18 Aug 06

What you need to do is untick them one at a time and see if that fixes the problem. It is reversible - just reapply the tick.

VoG II 16:07 18 Aug 06

Previous thread click here

It should be fairly obvious from the name which one to untick.

brundle 16:20 18 Aug 06

Maybe this would help click here

n4165si 16:38 18 Aug 06

i have looked at all the entries and unclicked the one with msbar in it ,on start up i receive a message, your system has been reconfigured and will not respond etc its the only entry that had this reference to it so it was not obvious which to unclick,ihave re clicked it
n4165si

VoG II 21:04 18 Aug 06

Are you sure the message didn't just say that you were running in selective startup mode? Watch the video again - at the end it shows you how to hide this message.

n4165si 13:58 19 Aug 06

vog ,yes you are right ,however the second part of my question was ,other than the antivrus programs how many of the 24 programs running could i safely untick without causing further problems? as im not sure the reasons they were ticked in the first place
.anyhow thanks for the help so far

VoG II 14:01 19 Aug 06

click here should help you.

n4165si 14:43 19 Aug 06

vog problem sorted ,i must admit i was a bit timid in playing around in this area .thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5