VOG need your help

nickyjane 17:21 09 Jan 05

Re; my posting about nav2002. Have followed your instructions, but AVG failed to install, I get the following message.
Local machine installation failed. Error checking of state of the item file user local app data outlook extend.dat (sophie ) failed. file opening failed %failed%= c:\documents and settings\sophie\local settings\application date\mircosoft\outlook\extend.dat permission denied.
There was one user account ( sophie ) that was password protected, i have removed the password and rebooted the machine , but still get same message when trying to install Avg. I did download it and saved it in my documents.

Thanks. nickyjane

bremner 17:23 09 Jan 05

click here

For the rest of us could you give us a link to the original post so we may try and help.

Cook2 17:28 09 Jan 05
  nickyjane 17:30 09 Jan 05

My original post was " alternative to NAV2002 " timed at 16.22pm today. nickyjane

bremner 17:33 09 Jan 05

One method I have found on an AVG forum is that if you do not use Outlook simply search for the Extend.dat file and delete it.

Then your AVG installation should work OK

VoG II 17:34 09 Jan 05

Ho hum.

All I can suggest is:

1. Check in Control Panel, Add or Remove programs and check if it is listed. If so, remove it.

2. Delete the entire Grisoft folder in C:\Program files.

3. Reboot.

4. Make sure that nothing else is running (that includes Outlook).

5. Try to install again.

Forum Editor 17:47 09 Jan 05

when you already have one running - and please do NOT address threads to individual forum members. A thread title such as yours will be of no use whatsoever to forum members who search the archive in future.

I'm going to lock this now - please use your orginal thread

click here now on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…