Vodefone.net, laptop & mobile phone

g0slp 15:38 30 Apr 04

I've run a search in the Helproom, but without success, so I wonder if anyone else has successfully accessed their email via vodafone.net using their laptop/mobile?

I've got the lead to connect my phone (Sharp GX10i) to a USB port on my laptop, & will sit & play with everything tonight, but I'm wondering if anyone else has done this?

Alternatively, should I be using the GPRS system, rather than a traditional 'modem' approach? The phone can do both.

Laptop is running XP, but I don't think that should be an issue

Thanks in advance

Xevious 15:41 30 Apr 04

you need to get your mobile "data enabled" or something like that. can be done by simply phoning their suport desk

g0slp 17:17 30 Apr 04

Thanks, Xevious, but that's not the problem; there seem to be several settings to get right first. Was just wondering if anyone else had gone down this road before. (Hoping to get some pointers...)

Will see what this evening brings

g0slp 14:06 07 May 04

after a few calls to Vodafone's helpline, & some fiddling of settings. Works very well, and suprisingly quick; trick will be to avoid the temptation to go surfing whilst away from home, as I have full Internet access as well as email. Not cheap, though, as one pays per Mb of data transferred to/from the laptop. I will see how the bills go....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…