Vodaphone dongle and ethernet problem

ChishillPhil 18:45 06 Feb 14

I have a client who has moved offices and not got landline broadband yet. So as a temporary solution we have bought a vodaphone dongle. There are 3 PCs running Vista and connected together through a netgear router. Printer is connected to router wirelessly. Dongle shows that it is connected, but the PC only accesses web etc IF there is no Ethernet plugged into it - which obviously means no printer (and as it happens no shared database). The Ethernet connection appears to be taking priority over supplying the internet connection. Can someone tell me how to have both an internet connection via dongle without losing network connection?

alanrwood 19:05 06 Feb 14

Get a 3G router eg Zoom . They work fine and are about £40

ChishillPhil 09:08 07 Feb 14

Perhaps I should word this differently. How can you set internet access priority. On a laptop for example the wireless usually takes preference over an Ethernet connection, so in my case how can I set the dongle to have priority over the Ethernet?

Bris 18:17 08 Feb 14

This may help

Bris 18:33 08 Feb 14

Also this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…