//some 3rd party need geo

Vodafone 3G card not installing properly

ade.h 15:44 22 Nov 05

I'm trying to get the above to work with my HP nx8220. It was difficult to install right from the start - I had to have a few attempts at getting it recognised. Then it worked and all was well, and it has been used successfully a few times since then.

It has been troublesome since then and now the card won't work at all. XP Pro does not want to recognise it. I went to use it this morning and got a red flashing light on the device, which is what it was doing before I was able to install it correctly the other day. I have repeatedly removed its entries in the Device Manager and have tried putting it in before the laptop is switched on.

When it failed to work yesterday, I uninstalled the USB root hubs, at least one of which it uses, and restarted. I then got it to install, and XP told me to reboot. Bear in mind that this is supposed to be a totally plug-n-play device! That was successful at the time, but now it's kaput again and no amount of fiddling around has any effect.

This my only net access on this laptop, so it really needs to work. Any help is much appreciated.

ade.h 18:27 22 Nov 05

^^^

ade.h 20:57 22 Nov 05

refresh again

Anybody got any ideas? Vodafone has been absolutely useless on this issue.

ade.h 17:46 23 Nov 05

^^^

ade.h 20:09 24 Nov 05

click here This is what I'm getting in Device Manager. The resources tab in Properties descibes a Code 12 error and says that there are not enough resources to run this device. If that's really the case, how has it worked successfully on two occasions and not at other times?

Sometimes WinXP will tell me that the device is installed and asks me to reboot; this has no effect and I get a red flashing light on the card. The Vodafone dashboard can't pick it up at all. On other attempts, I get no lights at all - when it has worked, there were two blue lights.

Can anyone advise me how to resolve the resource issue, and why it has sometimes worked fine?

ade.h 13:52 26 Nov 05

^^^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…