vocal log-in

derek270 00:29 24 Mar 04

When I start up pc xp-home i get a tinny female voice advising me "completed power-on self-test computer now loading operating system" - . Is there any way of disabling this?

gudgulf 01:05 24 Mar 04

There will be a setting in the bios to do this--I have mine set to tell me about errors only,except its impossible to tell whats said.

Must be Asuses idea of a joke.

I'm not posting from my own pc at the moment so cant tell you exactly where to look,so if you cant find it I'll pick up the thread later today when I'm back home and can be a bit more specific.

gudgulf 17:04 24 Mar 04

I have an asus board with an AMI bios.If you have a different model or bios type things may be slightly different but this should point you in the right direction.

The settings for speech configuration are in the advanced setup utility screen.

Enter the bios on startup and go to the above,open the speech configuration tab and set all there options there to disabled---job done.

derek270 20:19 24 Mar 04

you gave me somewhere to look - seems ausus installer came with winboard voice editor - so checked it out & thats where it originated - must have installed it without realising when adding drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…