VOB files

fazer 11:10 04 Aug 06

I know I'm asking a lot because I have begun to research this issue but it looks so complicated .......

Have several Dolby and THX trailers all in VOB format which I downloaded yesterday. They play great on the computer (opening each individually) but what I really need to do is authorise them so that I can copy them onto DVD to play in my domestic DVD player.

And here's the question - is there a simple way of doing this?

De Marcus™ 11:44 04 Aug 06

What burning software do you have?

rodriguez 11:51 04 Aug 06

If you have Nero use the NeroVision bit of it. You can add all the VOB videos in and then make a DVD out of them. You can't burn the VOB files straight to a disc however because the DVD player needs the indexes - the VTS_XX_XX.IFO files - so it knows where all the titles and chapters start and end. But when you create a DVD with NeroVision, it's all done automatically. If you don't have NeroVision then there are many other similar programs you can use, and if some don't accept the VOB files rename their extension to .mpg and try them as they are just MPEG-2 files with a .vob extension so that a DVD player can play them.

fazer 12:11 04 Aug 06

Thanks both for the quick response.

I'm using Sonic as dvd writing software (only because it was free with the Sony writer)but it will not import VOB files.

As this is a "one-off" project I'd rather not buy anything just for this one task; are you aware of any free programmes that would be similar to Nero?

De Marcus™ 12:15 04 Aug 06

You can write a vob file to DVD disk in data mode, it really only depends on how clever your player is, it may well play it (most cheapo pacifics will play vob files from data dvds) and it may well have a hissy fit.

fazer 12:41 04 Aug 06

De Marcus

Data Mode? - do you mean a straight forward copy of whats on the computer, in this case seperate VOB files?

If so, already tried that - "Disk Error" displays.

Diversion 17:53 05 Aug 06

You have to use Nero Express to burn this type of file and from the "what would you like to burn" box click on DVD-Video Files, follow the prompts and add the folder containing the VOB files. I hope this helps.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now