.VOB to .avi

cragford 13:33 04 Aug 05

Please help, friend has sent me a file in .VOB file instead of mpeg or avi, my ripper wont work! Can you recommend a good, free, .VOB to avi or mpeg converter....

Completealias 14:27 04 Aug 05

Try FlaskMPEG click here works for me the vob files will need to be non copyright protected and you may want to download this codec pack K-Lite Codec Pack 2.50 Full click here to give you some more options for output. Seems to work well and is free

Pooke 14:36 04 Aug 05

you can play .vob files as a dvd on the PC. Otherwise for conversions winAVI, is excellent very fast too!

David4637 16:21 04 Aug 05

1. Is winavi freeware, and is it easy to set up the settings for the best conversion.

2. Do you down load codecs for it, if so which gives best results?

Thanks David

esbe 16:29 04 Aug 05

try this site for freebies

click here

Pooke 16:43 04 Aug 05

no not freeware, it recommends you have real player installed and it also says that either real player or media player must be able to play the file that you want to convert, it supports all video formats!!

I have the k-lite codec full pack installed in my system, aswell as vlc media player, ratDVD, Quicktime and Real player.

Pooke 16:47 04 Aug 05

I should have said that it's extremely easy to operate, it's default setting are the optimal ones to use but just click advanced and you can change them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…