vnetbios.vxd

Dirk Diggler 22:54 16 Jan 04

I am running a P2 400MHZ laptop. On startup I get an error message saying "Cannot find device file" and it refers to "vnetbios.vxd" - press any key to continue. If i do this everything "seems" ok Can anyone ched any light as to what this missing file is and how I can go about sorting this out?

VoG II 22:57 16 Jan 04
  Dirk Diggler 23:09 16 Jan 04

I have got the file from the link you gave and loaded it onto the laptop, but it is asking me what I want to open it with?

cycoze 23:22 16 Jan 04

vnetbios.vxd should be located in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM (98/98se).

Dirk Diggler 00:16 17 Jan 04

I have just copied the VNETIOS.VXD file into the folder you say and rebooted but still the same :-(

VoG II 00:18 17 Jan 04

Which version of Windows?

Dirk Diggler 00:29 17 Jan 04

Don't know if this is any good or not but I found it on Google. "Regarding the vnetbios error, it caused by a corrupt dial up net working entry in the windows registry. To get around it bootinto safe mode by repeatdly hitting F8 on sartup and choose safe mode. Then go into control panel and double click on add remove programs. Then click on the windows setup tab and double click on communications and then uncheck dial up networking and close all windows and restart. It should solve the problem and remember to check up the dialup networking later. If this does not work you have to use regedit to manually delete all instances of vnetbios.vxd after making a backup of the registry.Then go ahed and do the first solution I gave u. Best OF Luck"

** didnt work but wondering about how to do the "regedit" thing?

VoG II 09:37 17 Jan 04

To use regedit Start, Run, type in

regedit

and click OK.

Before you do anything else use File/Export to save a backup to your desktop. If things go wrong you can double click this to restore the registry.

Then Edit/Find and enter vnetbios.vxd

Highlight vnetbios.vxd and press Delete.

Then keep pressing F3 to find other entries and delete them.

When done press the X to exit regedit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…