VLC has got rid of Windows Media Player

Jim W. 17:32 15 Oct 08

I am having difficulty opening some wmv. files now that I have downloaded VLC. I had no problems with wmv. files before! Any advice please?
Good luck,
JimW.

skidzy 17:36 15 Oct 08

Sounds like you have made VLC the default player.This can be changed back to WMP if so wished.

Pastor Joe 22:49 15 Oct 08

Right click on the .wmv media file, choose 'open with', highlight Media Player, tick 'Always use this programme to open thias kind of file', click OK. Job Done

Terry Brown 07:56 16 Oct 08

If this fails, go to control panel, Add /Remove, Add / Remove windows components and re-install it from there.
You could also try going to the set program access and defaults,(Desktop) select either Microsoft or costomise and go fom there.
Terry

scotty 12:22 16 Oct 08

I have always found VLC an excellent program which can open all sorts of file types. From the title of this thread I thought I had found yet another benefit of VLC!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…